Saturday, February 4, 2012

Tool #10 - Digital Citizenship

I want my students to know that it is okay to question information they find on the web. I want them to know that everything they read may not necessarily be true and they should always look for another source that will confirm their findings. Lastly, I want my students to know that online safety is first and foremost important and they should never share information on or visit websites that they are inappropriate.
I like the SBISD grade level chart that shows resources for the classroom teacher to teach Digital Citizenship.

I will share the Brainpop again (we watched it with our librarian.) This is a great short video that parents can watch with their student and have a discussion about digital citizenship. I also like the CyberSmart "THINK" acronym - I can share this with students and parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment