Friday, February 3, 2012

Tool #5 -Web 2.0

I am working on Tool #5 and trying out the Web 2.0 programs. The first one I tried is Make Beliefs Comics. I like the idea of giving students a fun way to summarize something we've learned with a comic strip. My students like reading comic strips and I'm sure they would love learning how to create one. The only drawback is that you can't save. You have to finish and email or print the file. The way  I guess I would get around this is having the students draw out their comic strip first, edit it, and then create the final product. Fun idea, though!

I also created a class account on Tikatok - a storybook program. My students really enjoy writing their own ideas and creating books. This is going to be a great way to teach them how to become published authors and most importantly the art and importance of editing. Can't wait to show them.

2 comments:

  1. Or maybe we will create an Animoto using photos of my students American Hero paperdolls. (This was a great suggestion from our instructional coach during a conversation about next steps for this project.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Talya….Good idea...it is frustrating you cannot save, but it makes one 'think outside the box'...and you have. You are correct…the students LOVE the graphic 'novels' in the library. Now, they too can be graphic artists!
    February 20, 2012 7:55 AM

    ReplyDelete