Saturday, February 4, 2012

Tool #9- Incorporating Devices

Wow, so much to learn and so much available.
Tool #9 Assignment, create a new post in which you respond to the following:
  1. It is important to tie technology into the objective, because there is so much available to help support student learning. Students today are very tech savvy and most have access to the new tools. So, why not include this in the learning process.
  2. Holding students accountable at workstations/centers keeps them focused on the activity at hand, because they know that at the end, they will have to tell what they did and what they learned.
  3. I really liked Learning Games for kids and Studyladder for the students. I liked Thinkfinity for myself. I liked Magnahigh and Tutpup, but I will have to play with these a little more to get the full understanding of how they work. Studyladder will be great for a workstation, because there are little mini lessons, some have short videos, but then there is also a lesson activity to follow up what they've read or heard.
  4. I like the A Bee Sight Words app, because I have ESL and other students who struggle with spelling that this would benefit. I also like the 2Doku app to work with those students who are struggling with math facts. I can hold these students accountable, by having them journal about what they learn or create a product on google docs about what they learned.
  5. I think its a great way for students to collaborate on a google docs product in teams of 2, 3, or 4. Students are very knowledgeable when it comes to the Apple products, so I know that most apps we use will benefit their learning. The students can also use the webcam on the netbooks to video their learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment